Wednesday, March 22, 2017

March 2017 Newsletter

Glo's World

 
So, You're Getting Married

I recently came across a piece of UK-based research that indicates that 85% of marriage proposals happen between Christmas Eve and Valentine's day! This explains why Spring is the peak time for wedding planning. With the Christmas holidays behind them, most Brides-to-be dive headlong into planning their special day. There is so much to think about that it’s understandable that apparently little things, like booking your wedding entertainment, get put off until nearer the day. The problem is that the later you leave it, the harder it is to get the kind of entertainer you really want!

As an entertainment agent, I hate it when I have to tell a bride that the wedding entertainer they want for their special day is already booked! To help you avoid this kind of a disappointment, I recently wrote a short article packed with practical advice wedding entertainment tips for brides and wedding planners.
 
More Info

 

An Album is Born

I am so excited because I just booked my ticket for the official launch party for the Debut CD by local band The Beautiful Secret. When Rachael Hawnt, one of my most talented solo singers, told me that she had been collaborating with Ash Cutler and that they were ready to launch their first collaborative album, I told her I’d be there! And now that day is finally approaching. I know it hasn’t been easy for them to find the time to realise their dream as they both have extremely busy schedules but, having heard the finished product, I am so glad that they kept the faith. 

Why not join me on the 7th April at the New Theatre Royal Portsmouth for a fantastic night of live music including a  performance of the album “What’s Inside.” You’ll be blown away when you hear it! Tickets are on sale now from the NTR Box office.

Breaking news – I have just heard that their debut single “What’s Inside” has been chosen as the anthem for National Autism Awareness Week (27th March to 2nd April). Rachael and Ash will be donating all the proceeds from the sale of this single to the National Autism Society. You can buy a copy from iTunes now by clicking on this link.

And finally...
Cotton Club Show Update


In my January Newsletter, I mentioned that I would be standing in for Marleen Hill for some performances of the hit musical evening Swinging at the Cotton Club.  Swapping my solo singer spot for a cast production like this has proved to be an exciting challenge!  If you’d like to know more, click here to read my recent blog post.

Gloria Miller
GME News Editor
Visit Website

Act of the Month


Move On Up

This month I’m delighted to feature my favourite party band, and I might be slightly biased on this one because it’s my band, Move On Up! Featuring some of the best musicians on the South Coast, we know how to get the party started, and how to keep it going! We can adapt our set list to suit most types of events, and we always get rave reviews.

Move On Up love weddings, where our versatility means that we can provide all the entertainment you need throughout the day. Want a Solo or Duo Act for your wedding ceremony, backing music for your meal and a band that will have everyone up dancing at the evening party? Then look no further, Move On Up can provide all these options. But remember to book early because our diary is filing up.
 
Get A Quote

Upcoming Events


Motown Night with Move On Up Band

11th March at The Langstone Hotel, Hayling Island

Gloria Miller is Supremely, Diana Ross 

17th March at Tiger Tiger, Gunwharf Quays, Portsmouth

Tribute Night: Diana Ross & Tina Turner 

24th March at Totton and Eling Cricket Club, Southampton

Vegas Night

25th March at The Langstone Hotel, Hayling Island
 
More Events

No comments:

Post a Comment