Friday, December 9, 2016

GME News - November, December 2016

Glo's World

 

Recent Charity Events

At Gloria Miller Entertainment, we like to give back to the local community by donating a portion of our time every year to support worthy causes.   In November, we helped two Hampshire based charities raise much needed funds.




3rd Nov - Tribute for Charity, Southampton, featuring Gloria Miller as Simply Tina Turner plus five other incredible tribute acts.

The proceeds from this event, held at the 1865 in Southampton and organized by River Studios, will be shared between FareShare and The-Safe. Fareshare is a national Charity with a regional base in Southampton. They transform food destined for waste into nutritious meals for vulnerable people.   The-Safe is based in Basingstoke and gives counselling for parents coming to terms with still births and miscarriages.





11th Nov - Bollywood Disco Party Night featuring the Gloria Miller Disco Divas Solo Show. 

This event, in aid of Breast Cancer Haven, raised an incredible £1150.   Breast Cancer Haven have a centre in Titchfield and provide emotional and physical support packages tailored to the individual’s needs.







Future Charity Events
Diabetes is close to my heart as most of my family suffer from this common condition in one form or another. Thankfully (touch wood) I have managed to avoid it myself so far.  Thus, I reached out to the Hayling Island based Diabetes Research and Wellness Foundation and offered my services to help with a fund-raising event.  Claire and her team were delighted and our Motown Evening in aid of Diabetes Research and Wellness Foundation (DRWF) is now booked for 17th March next year at Tiger Tiger in Portsmouth. I’d love to see you there!

 
Double Tribute Shows Goes International
For a while I’ve been wowing crowds across the South of England with my increasingly popular double tribute shows featuring Supremely Diana Ross and Simply Tina Turner.  Well, I’m delighted to report that I’ve been booked to take the show Alicante in Spain at Le Cabaret on 3rd December. The club has also booked several of my other artists over the last two years, and I am looking forward to going back.
 
Americana
Do you know how big Thanksgiving is in the US? IT’S HUGE!  In fact, I’d go as far as to say it’s bigger than Christmas for most American families. EVERYONE in the family gets together to celebrate this special day so it’s usually LOUD and Fun and I love it!  It’s the American Tradition I miss most, living as I do, here in the UK. But this year I had a ball thanks to some amazing friends, Nathan & Rob, who threw a fabulous Thanksgiving Party here in Hampshire!
 

Gloria Miller
GME News Editor
More Info

Act of the Month


Timeless

With so many amazing bands, singers and DJ’s in my stable, it’s difficult to choose who to feature each month. After much soul-searching, I’ve decided to introduce you to Timeless, three fabulous ladies with beautiful voices and a repertoire of songs that is second to none.

They can cover every era from WWII to the latest chart hits and are ideal for weddings, cruise ship cabarets, theatre shows, holiday camps and private parties.

Timeless are one of my most popular acts, and when you check out the Timeless show reel on YouTube, you’ll see why.
Get A Quote

Upcoming Events


8th December 2016
Diana Ross vs Tina Turner
Cliffhanger Cafe, Christchurch

15th December 2016
Motown/Soul Christmas Party Night
Caffe Italia, Banstead

16th December 2016
Diana Ross Tribute Show
The Jolly Sailor, Southsea
 
Upcoming Events

No comments:

Post a Comment