Tuesday, September 20, 2016

GME Celebrates 4 Years in Business!

GME Celebrates 4 Years in Business!

This month GME is four years old and when I look back on when I first started this company in 2012, I am amazed at how far I've come in just a few years.

I'm pretty sure this is not the norm, but my first year in business was quite easy because I landed a big corporate client just as I was getting started, and earned enough from that client to not have to stress about money in the first year. This gave me the breathing room to learn my business, grow my Artist roster and start small with gaining new customers outside of the corporate client.

Thankfully, I worked a second year with that same big client, which is probably the only thing that kept me from quitting the business that year because I was earning new business and with that new business starting to feel some growing pains! Plus, I was having to learn from the many 'rookie' mistakes I was making as a Agent in the music business. I was wearing two hats now ... Entertainer and Agent, and sometimes the line between the two were blurred by my desire to be out there working myself, and making sure I was also looking after my Acts.

When I entered my third year in business, the big corporate client was gone, but a strong foundation had been built in the two years of having the security of that client, and the real work was ahead of me. I was so worried that I would make less money without the big client, but I ended up making more because for the first time I was actually running my business ... not just coasting along. With increased earnings came increased confidence, and I also learned the beauty of planning, so I entered my 4th year armed with a marketing strategy, measurable goals, and a determination to be fearless when it came to building, promoting and growing my business.

August and September have been my planning months as I enter year five, and I used this time to streamline some of my processes, bring on a Virtual Admin Assistant, set goals and put a plan in place so that this year takes GME to the next level as a provider of top Entertainment on the South Coast and across the UK.

So I make a promise to you my clients and supporters to always provide Star-Quality Entertainment and detailed customer service, and to be a 'one-stop' shop for all your Entertainment needs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment