Friday, February 5, 2016

GME News - February, 2016

Editor's Note

January feels like just a blur it went by so fast, and now we are into the month of Love. Happy Valentine’s Day and I hope you find a way to celebrate love this month.

After having a very busy December, it was nice having a quiet January so I could take some time to plan for 2016, and having a plan has renewed my determination to make this year EPIC … that’s my word for this year … EPIC!

I think one of the unique things about GME and the way I run this business is that I’m keeping the number of Acts that I work with small, providing a boutique entertainment experience for my clients, plus this allows me to get to know my Acts. My company really started with me and a few friends as Acts and has now grown to just over 50.Marlene Hill is my friend and one of my top Acts, and it was wonderful having a girly night out having dinner and catching up. There was no work talk, just wine and lots of giggling.

I also met up with J.D. King, my dynamic ElvisAct to discuss his re-vamped show and talk about the GME theatre shows that will be launching later this year. Watch this space!
There was a bit of excitement when I was named a ‘Face of Portsmouth’ by About My Area. Click here to read the article that was featured in the 4 February edition of their weekly newsletter. A shout out to Anna Howell who wrote the article (and she’s a very good friend) and Haley Storey who runs the Portsmouth AMA for selecting me. I am really honoured.


Lastly, I have been nominated for a Venus Award in the Customer Service category. In 2014, I was a finalist in the New Business category and I was delighted when I received the news of this year’s nomination. I do work hard to provide a high level of service to my internal clients (my Acts) and my external clients and the fact that this made enough of an impression to make someone nominate me is quite rewarding in itself. I’m not sure if I’ll win, but as they say at the Oscars, it’s great just to be nominated.
That’s it from me this month, but do read on for other GME news. We’ve got a great offer for this month and our Act of the Month is brand new to GME, so help me welcome her.

Gloria Miller
GME News Editor

News

News 

GME would love to introduce you to Jeannine Rivers, a very talented singer with a powerfully expressive voice that tells a story with each song. Jeannine has just released her debut CD ‘Iridescent October’ an 11 track album where Jeannine takes you on a journey through Jazz standards, Blues classics and Pop hits. Every track has a unique twist, even those you have heard before, making it one of those CDs that stays in your car stereo for quite some time.  We at GME have also been given the heads up that Jeannine will be touring the UK and Europe to promote this new release.

If that wasn’t exciting enough, Supremely, Diana Ross is opening for The Real Thing, who are appearing Friday, April 29th at theWorthing Assembly Hall.

The Real Thing formed over 36 years ago in Liverpool and were the most successful rock/soul band in England with chart-topping hits like Can't Get By Without You, Can You Feel The Force, and their number 1 single in 1976, You To Me Are Everything.

Gloria, backed by Move On Up Party Band will delight the audience with songs from Miss Ross's days with the Supremes all the way through to her iconic 70’s classics.

Tickets are on sale, so book now as you don’t want to miss this show.


GME is inviting you to join us onYoutube and subscribe to our fantastic channels.  Our newest channel Glo Sings is Gloria’s personal channel where she will create some fun and interesting videos of her favourite covers as well as her own original songs. Subscribe today for all the latest videos.


After 5 years of presenting The Volunteering Show, GME Marketing Assistant, Julie Lorraine has a new radio show starting this month called Julie Lorraine Expressions, where she will explore powerful ways we use music to express ourselves. The Show has three main features, ‘Love the Lyric,’ highlighting tracks with powerful or thought-provoking lyrics;  ‘Sounds Familiar,’ where an artist has used another’s composition in some way, and finally, ‘Express Yourself’ encouraging the listeners to share on the show’s Facebook page how they’ve used music as a form of expression.

Show your support for this new show by visiting and liking the Julie Lorraine Expressions Facebook page.  And don’t worry if you don’t live in the Portsmouth area, you can also catch the show on-line.

Get A Quote

Act of the Month

Miss Madonna

Getting you into the Groove!

Jodie Jackson launched her Miss MadonnaTribute Show in 2009, performing across the UK and Europe.

Jodie was voted the UK’s No. 1 Madonna Tribute at The National tribute Awards by The Agents’ Association Great Britain. She is so convincing as Madonna that she was chosen to launch Madonna’s perfume ‘Truth or Dare’ as the face of the Queen of Pop here in the UK in 2012.

Miss Madonna is a great choice of entertainment for any event and, as a result, is in great demand so contact us today to book this Act for your next event.
Get A Quote

Special Offer


See a Savings, Pick it Up! 


Make the numbers stack-up to the tune of 5% off your next Corporate or Private Event it makes perfect business sense.

The bookings need to be made on or before 31 March for events held from 1 February through 30 April. 
Discount code: 5%Feb16.
Get A Quote

No comments:

Post a Comment