Friday, August 12, 2016

GME News - August, 2016

News

 
Firsts, Festivals & Fun!

Thanks to an invitation from one of my clients, John Croxall of the Cosham Conservative Club, I got to experience my first Ladies' Day at Goodwood Racecourse. I invited GME artist, Marlene Hill to join me complete with our fancy dresses and hats for what turned out to be an awesome day at the races. I had no intention of betting, but after receiving champagne and betting tips from two gentlemen who joined us at our table (because we had the only two available seats) we ended up betting £5 each way on Big Orange in the 4th race ... and we won! That horse actually came in first. By this time, Marlene and I are standing in the rain, huddled under an umbrella and jumping up and down like two kids at a playground as we watched Big Orange cross the finish line! What an incredible experience ... one I'm looking forward to having again next year!

Festival season is definitely in full swing, and last month I told you about the secret festival my original soul band,Mayfield were playing. Fitzfest was on the 16th of July in a massive field somewhere near Chichester put on by an individual for the amusement of his friends and family! Mayfield has been invited to perform at this event for the past couple years, and this year we were delighted to take part. This was the first Mayfield performance with our 9-piece line-up and the crowd was an absolute joy to perform for.

On the 30th my covers band,Move On Up joined me for Music Mania Festival in Worthing, where we performed ourSupremely, Diana Ross Tribute Show.

Our set was in the afternoon, but as you can see in the picture, we had a great crowd and had them on their feet dancing and singing along! A big shout out to Darren Bradley and the Music Mania Events team for taking such good care of us at this event. It was an absolute pleasure working with them!

My weekly bit of fun is hosting my very own radio show on ExpressFM in Portsmouth. I've been doing the show now for just over a year and we have just moved location from Highbury College to the Eldon Building at Portsmouth University! Our new facilities are great and I absolutely love getting in the studio and sharing some of my favourite songs with my listeners. I play an ecclectic mix of Soul, Motown, Funk, Jazz & more. You can visit the show's Facebook Page to listen in live or to catch some of my old shows. I hope you'll join me tonight at 8pm. You can listen on the radio or on-line.

Thank you for taking a few minutes out of your busy day to read our newletter and remember if you are based in the UK and are looking for star-quality entertainment, Gloria Miller Entertainment is your entertainment source! Check out our new homepage and get in touch about your next event, and let us handle the details!

Gloria Miller
GME News Editor

Act of the Month


Russell Keith

Russell Keith is an award winning vocalist who can add that little extra to your special event. Whether you are looking for a laid-back lounge feel or an upbeat party atmosphere, Russell is just the Act for you.
Russell also performs a Robbie Williams Tribute Act, and in a vocal trio called The Man Band, a grown-up alternative to the 'boy' band.

Russell is a great choice for any event and he is fully self-contained with his own sound & lighting performing at venues and events across the UK.

Russell is releasing his first single, 'Learning Love,' on iTunes on the 28th of August. Click here for a sneak listen! 

Contact GME today to discuss booking Russell for your next event! 
Get A Quote

Special Offer


Solo Performers


Receive a 10% discount when you book any of our solo performers. 

Click on 'Redeem Offer' for offer details and terms & conditions.
 
Redeem Offer

No comments:

Post a Comment