Monday, May 9, 2016

GME News - May, 2016

News


Motown Inspiration

I am starting the month of May feeling quite refreshed after having spent the last few days of April in Spain sipping (gulping, more like it) Sangria and soaking up some much needed sunshine. But before heading off to Spain, there were a few exciting bits of news that I'd like to share with you.

On the 14th of April I saw the awesome Motown Show in London and was so inspired by the music and the story of legendary music mogul, Berry Gordy. I even learned a few vocal tricks while watching and listening to the lovely Lucy St. Louise who plays Diana Ross in the show.

Since the beginning of this year I have been putting together my own Motown Act, Soul Sisters of Motown, and we officially launched in April and will be performing on cruise ships and in theatre shows. Seeing the West End Motown show was just the inspiration I needed to get this project finished. Click here to learn more about my new Act and get in touch if you'd like to book us for a Motown Night.

X-Factor Fever
I swore I would never audition for X-Factor ... that was before I found myself in the year of turning 50! Well, there's more to it than that. As you know, I have moved into my new office in Havant, and during my first week in this new office I received a phone call from an X-Factor researcher. At first, I thought I was being crank called, but soon I realized that the caller was legit. Apparently, the X-Factor researchers troll the internet looking for talent and they also contact entertainment companies asking for recommendations for Acts to invite to audition for the show. So, I put them in touch with my business partner at Mayfield Studios and much to our delight, they decided to hold an X-Factor showcase at the studio.

I then received a second call from the X-Factor researcher asking about my Motown group, the Soul Sisters of Motown, inviting us to audition. I instantly said no to this because none of us are interested in getting on the X-Factor rollercoaster. Or so I thought.

Two days before the audition I woke up with X-Factor Fever, because I had the crazy idea that I should audition when they come to Mayfield Studios on the 21st of April. I blame this on the fact that I'll be 50 in July, so I really have nothing to lose, right? The day before the audition I was starting to come to my senses and decided I wouldn't audition. Really, what was I thinking anyway??

So the 21st rolls around, and I get a call from Dominic from Mayfield Studios asking me to audition to cover a cancellation ... so, I auditioned ... and had a blast doing so. I was told that I would hear back from them by the 27th of July if they're interested. I'm not holding my breath, but it would be well cool if it does happen and quite the adventure. I'll keep you posted!

And the Winner Is ...

Glo's Music for the Soul! Yes, my radio show on ExpressFM won the award for Best Evening & Weekend Show. I couldn't believe my ears when my name was called during the Awards Ceremony on the 22nd of April. On 10 May I will celebrate one year of presenting my show and I feel absolutely honored to have been nominated, and completely shocked to have won! Click hereto learn more about my radio show and to listen to past shows. (You can see my scantily clad husband in the reflection of the award ... LOL!)

Thank you for taking a few moments to catch up with GME News! Have a fabulous May!!

Gloria Miller
GME News Editor

Act of the Month


Diana Ross vs. Tina Turner

This double tribute show is available with 3 different options:

1. Solo with professional backing tracks;
2. Same as Option 1, plus a DJ; or
3. Backed by Move On Up Party Band.
Each option bringing you a star-quality, live entertainment experience you and your guests won’t soon forget!

Supremely, Diana Ross
Gloria presents music from Miss Ross’s Supremes days in the 60’s, right through to the fun & upbeat Disco era of the 70’s, finishing with the very iconic songs that have endeared Miss Ross to the masses for over four decades.

Simply, Tina Turner
For years Gloria has been pretending to be Tina Turner but never before an actual audience until she launched this show last year. Gloria covers all Tina’s top hits, capturing the energy and spirit of this living legend!

Move on Up
One of the South Coast’s finest party bands, Move On Up is taking the music scene by storm with their unique blend of Soul, Funk, Jazz & More! Founded by the Frankie Lewis on guitar, fronted by Chicago Soul diva Gloria Miller, and backed by some of the finest musicians in the UK, Move On Up is a sure thing to get your party, event or venue rockin!
These Acts can also be booked individually. Contact us today to discuss bringing this fabulous show to your venue, festival or next event. 02392 415517.
Get A Quote

Special Offer


Double Tribute Show

Receive a 10% discount when you book this Double Tribute Show. 

Click on 'Redeem Offer' for offer details and terms & conditions.
Redeem Offer

No comments:

Post a Comment